3 cup flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 vegetable shortening
3 room temperature eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon Almond extract
2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons whole milk or heavy cream
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon almond
Mix together powdered sugar, milk, melted butter, and choose of extract. Whisk together. Spoon or dip top of cookies and add sprinkles. Set aside and let dry before serving or packing for the holidays in airtight container.
Glaze, Sprinkles (Optional)
- Preheat oven 350 and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In small bowl add flour and baking powder and whisk together.
- In a larger bowl beat together shortening, and sugar with hand mixer at medium until light and fluffy about 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and extracts for 30 minutes, then add half the flour mixture. Beat until fully mixed, then slowly add remaining flour.
- Use a cookie scoop to add onto parchment lined cookie sheets. You can roll in hands if you want a smooth appearance.
- Bake for 10 minutes until very lightly golden.
- Cool cookies until totally cooled.