Wednesday, May 27, 2020
2 1/2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups of sugar
1/2 cups of soften butter (Salt free)
1/3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
2 teaspoons of lemon peel
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- In small bowl, stir flour, baking powder, salt.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, ricotta cheese and lemon peel with electric mixer on medium for about 1 minute until fluffy, scrape the side of bowl. Beat in eggs, until smooth. Add in vanilla. On low speed, beat flour mixture into sugar mixture until blended well. Cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Using floured fingers shape dough into 54 (1-inch) balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until set but not brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons lemon juice with spoon until spreadable. If frosting is too stiff to spread, add additional lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Tint with food color. Using knife, spread 1/2 teaspoon frosting on each cooled cookie; immediately top with sprinkles. Let stand about 3-4 hours or until frosting is set.
- Store covered in airtight container at room temperature.
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 cups fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter
- Medium bowl, mix 2 cups flour and salt. Cut in shortening, until pastry dough is the size of peas. Add cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans side of bowl (1 to 2 teaspoons more water can be added if needed).
Roll pastry into a ball. Divide in half; shape into 2 flattened rounds on lightly floured surface. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 45 minutes or until dough is firm but manageable.
Heat oven to 425°F.With floured rolling pin, roll into round 2 inches larger than upside-down 9-inch glass pie plate. Fold pastry into fourths; place in pie plate, open and press firmly on bottom and side of plate.
In a large bowl, mix 3/4 sugar, 1/2 cup flour and stir in blueberries. Spoon into pastry pie plate. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Cut butter into small pieces place over blueberries. Cover with top pastry crust ad slits and seal and flute. Cover edge with 3-inch strip of foil to prevent browning of crust.
Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through crust, remove foil for last 15 minutes of baking.Cool for at least 2 hoursServe alone or with your favorite Ice Cream
on May 26, 2020