2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup powdered sugar
3 large (egg whites only)
Zest of one lemon
1 teaspoon almond extract
36 or so without skin/optional
Dish with 1/2 cup of sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven 325
- Rack in center
- Cookie pans lined with parchment paper
- In a large bowl whisk the almond flour and sugar together, add grated lemon zest, and salt making sure well mixed with no lumps.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites to a almost a peak, then whisk in almond flour.
- Slowly add egg whites to the dry mix, once well mixed should be all set.
- Place batter into pastry bag with a large round tip and make small rounds onto baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place Almond on center of cookie gently. (optional)
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden brown.
- Store in airtight containers.