2 1/2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups of sugar
1/2 cups of soften butter (Salt free)
1/3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
2 teaspoons of lemon peel
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- In small bowl, stir flour, baking powder, salt.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, ricotta cheese and lemon peel with electric mixer on medium for about 1 minute until fluffy, scrape the side of bowl. Beat in eggs, until smooth. Add in vanilla. On low speed, beat flour mixture into sugar mixture until blended well. Cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Using floured fingers shape dough into 54 (1-inch) balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until set but not brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons lemon juice with spoon until spreadable. If frosting is too stiff to spread, add additional lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Tint with food color. Using knife, spread 1/2 teaspoon frosting on each cooled cookie; immediately top with sprinkles. Let stand about 3-4 hours or until frosting is set.
- Store covered in airtight container at room temperature.