1 1/2 cups if wheat bread
3 3/2 cups of white bread
1 pound of ground turkey sausage
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped celery
2 1/2 teaspoons of sage
3 teaspoons of rosemary
1/3 cup of fresh parsley
1 large delicious apple cored and chopped
3/4 cup dried cranberries
Cooked inwards from turkey
3/4 cup turkey or chicken stock
4 1/2 tablespoons of butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Spread the bread cubes in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until evenly toasted. Transfer toasted bread cubes to a large bowl and let cool.
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage and onions on medium heat, stirring and breaking up the lumps until nicely browned, add the celery, sage, rosemary, and thyme, cook cook for about 5 minutes.
- Mix seasoned sausage over bread in bowl, add the chopped apple, cranberries, parsley, and turkey inwards add turkey stock and melted butter, and mix lightly.
- Let cool completely before loosely stuffing a turkey.
- The stuffing can be made night before