- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup pearl or coarse sugar
Preheat oven to 375°
Crumble paste in a food blender, add sugar, baking cocoa and all spices. Blend until well combined. Add egg whites and molasses until smooth.
Drop by tablespoonfuls into pearl sugar, roll to coat.
Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Do not over cook.
Cool for 1 minute then move to wire racks.
Store in airtight containers.
Makes about 2 doz